We had 22 Athlete of the Week Winners(showing 21) to choose from this past year to win a prize.
The decision was based on several factors such as consistent academic and athletic performance as well as overall behavior and services to the community.
On December 14th, 2016 we had our first Athlete of the Year Celebration. See also this blog post.
- We had basketball games and treats for those who came in attendance
- We picked 2 runner ups and an outright winner
The Athlete of the Year Winner received
- A $40 Gift Card for Academy
- A Free Haircut from Travis Street Salons(Eric Ross)
The Runner Ups received…
- A Free Haircut from Salon Head 2 Toe(Shannon Lowe)
All AOW Winners who attended also received
- a coupon for Free Dairy Queen Treat(Sherman, Sunset Blvd)
We also appreciate our reward partners for contributing prizes
- Dairy Queen (Sherman, Sunset Blvd)
- Salon Head 2 Toe (Van Alstyne)
- Travis Street Salons (Sherman)
Below are the 2016 Runner-Ups and Athlete of the Year. Before being selected, parents were required to write a letter about their AOW’s accomplishments throughout the past year. The text next to the pics reflects some of the info and highlights gathered from the letters.